Personalized. Engaging. Fun!
Conquer the Boring
- One-on-one writing course with editor and writing coach Val M. Mathews.
- Personalized assignments and guidance tailored to each student’s individual strengths and needs.
- Conquer the boring in your storytelling and keep readers turning the page.
- Learn the pesky foibles that make aspiring writers look like amateurs, from the vague swamp to jabbering heads disease.
Edits & Coaching
- Get meaningful and engaging feedback on your fiction from a developmental editor. 25 manuscript pages a month.
- Immerse yourself in the craft of story writing. Receive personal guidance, examples, and explanations. No nasty red pens here!
- No need to have a story in progress. You may start with the blank page or with a manuscript draft. It’s up to you!
- Fun exercises via phone, email, text, or in person. Engaging with an editor and writing coach is key!
Meet-ups & Chats
- Talk one-on-one with Val via phone, text, and email.
- Set your own pace. We will schedule times to chat as we go.
- Unlimited emails and texts.Two phone calls a month. 25 pages of edits.
- Specific direction and how-tos tailored to where you are as a fiction writer.
- BONUS: If you live in or near Athens, Georgia, join me at Barnes & Noble for writer research days.
Meet Your Instructor
Developmental Editor & Writing Coach
Val M. Mathews
“Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.”
I love this quote from President Teddy Roosevelt because it’s good advice for all writers. I’ve worked with many writers who have wavered between losing their footing and losing their dreams. The kicker is, to stay on the writer’s path, we need both stars and steady feet. For a lot of writers (aspiring and published), that takes a village. I am just one of your villagers.
Here’s what separates Val from any other coach I’ve ever worked with: she can peer not just into your mind but also your soul and know where you want to take your story, or where you ought to take it, and how to get there … It’s scary, she’s so good. I highly recommend Val, an exceptional writing coach.
When I got Val’s feedback, I was surprised at the clarity with which she could see what I was trying to do and nudge it in the right direction. Like a master sculptor, she praised what was good and shone a light on what needed work. It was an eye-opening process for me, and Val helped take my writing to the next level.
Personalized. Engaging. Fun!with writing coach Val M. Mathews
- Coaching and editing for aspiring writers who need love, support, and a kick in the pants!
- Two calls a month. The first chat is on the house.
- Unlimited texts and emails. And 25 pages of edits a month.
- This one-on-one coaching course is ongoing. You may enroll at any time.
- The coaching runs month by month. Set your own schedule.
- You may skip months and pick up where you left off when you return.
- Each month may be paid in two installments of $150 each. Val will send you an invoice after your first chat. Payable by credit card or PayPal.
- Get on the right track! Write that book!
- Enroll below! Pay later.